How to invite users, assign roles and permissions or remove users.
The Users and Permissions section provides you with a comprehensive view of the users you have invited to join your account or subaccount. Here, you can find essential details about the invited user, including their role in the account or subaccount, as well as the status of the invitation.
An invite can have 3 different status:
- No banner is shown: The person you have invited accepted the invitation and created a user account. This person is now able to access the platform.
- Pending: The person you have invited did not accept the invitation yet. This person cannot access the platform before accepting the invitation and setting up a user account.
- Declined: The person you have invited has declined the invitation. This person has refused to access the platform and can therefore not access it.
- Can I send the invitation again, it was declined by mistake?
If the invitation was declined by mistake, you can always send a new invitation to the email address. In order to do that, you first need to remove the user from Settings > Account > Users & Permissions by clicking on the 3 dots button right next to the invitation status and then click on “Remove user”. Then, you can either send the invitation again in Settings > Account > Users & Permissions or invite the user again by creating a sub-account the user will be in charge of in Settings > Account > Account structure.
- Can I cancel an invitation?
Cancelling an invitation is possible, as long as the invitation still has the “pending invitation” status. To do so, you simply have to click on the three dots button right next to the invitation status and then click on “cancel invitation”. An email cannot be unsent, however the access to the platform will not be granted to the person if the user accepts the invitation and sets up a user account after you have cancelled the invitation.
- Can I remove a user?
You can remove a user that has either declined the invitation or that does not have a “pending invitation” status. To do so, you simply have to click on the three dots button right next to the invitation status and then click on “Remove user”. When a user is remove, the user cannot have access to the platform anymore.
- How do I see and update a user role and/or permission?
To see the role(s) and permission(s) assigned to a user, simply:
- Click on the three dots button of the user's row
- Click on "Roles & Permissions"
- The blue ticked box(es) indicate(s) the active role(s) and permission(s) of the user.
- To update, click on the wished box to activate or deactivate
For security reasons, you are not allowed to change the roles and permissions of your own account. Please refer to the user who has invited you to be Team Admin to a sub account to grant you a new role or permission.
Remember that each user's email is unique, you cannot be the Company Account Admin and the Team Admin of a sub account using the same email.